As part of the Site Leadership team, this multi skilled role will involve managing the engineering function and its site services for our client’s manufacturing plant, supporting the sites process safety activities and acting as Deputy Site Manager when required.
SITE ENGINEERING MANAGER, STOKE ON TRENT, FULL TIME, 18 MONTH FTC.
£53-£55K DOE PLUS BONUS AND BENEFITS
- Managing and coordinating the on-site Engineering team in order to deliver the site requirements, department objectives and induvial targets.
- Supporting the business in the control, management and recording of both revenue and capital maintenance cost budgets.
- Providing an effective maintenance programme for the buildings, plant and services on a shift basis to ensure minimum plant downtime.
- Lead the development of and co-ordinate activities on planned and statutory inspections and be the engineering contact for external regulatory inspections and audits.
- Providing a service to maintain and approve the sites technical drawings and P&ID’s.
- Overseeing the design and specification of engineering projects including cost estimation and capital request proposal to ensure best practice.
- Responsible for project implementation, contractor management and ongoing maintenance thereafter.
- Ensuring that all core contractors meet the agreed standards and competencies required to carry out maintenance and engineering tasks on site.
- Maintaining and developing EHS standards and systems.
- Developing and championing a safety culture within the Engineering Department including Process Safety management.
- Supporting and promoting Zero Harm across all areas of site.
- Ensuring that statutory checks e.g. PSSR, LOLER, COSHH and Safety critical maintenance is performed to plan and that actions arising are recorded.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Near Miss and Accident reporting system.
- Resolving process, equipment, quality and EHS issues.
- When required, acting as Deputy Site Manager in specific situations and instances.
- Championing the development of the sites preventative maintenance planning system.
- Establishing preventative maintenance regimes for the plant, ensuring compliance and recording of activities.
- Developing staff and roles within areas of responsibility to improve capability and flexibility in establishing a multi-skilled workforce.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree qualified Electrical / Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
- NEBOSH Certificate & IOSH Managing Safely or other safety accreditation.
- Understanding of the compliance requirements of applicable UK Major Accident Hazard legislation, including Control of Major Accident Hazards.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the maintenance of systems including mechanical, gas, electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Strong experience in the management of process safety at plant level including, Management of Change and participation in Process Hazard Analysis & Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews.
- Proven leadership experience of multi skilled maintenance teams
- Knowledge of working with chemical processes in a similar environment together with experience of kiln operation and proficiency in both combustion processes and burner technology.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information on the Site Engineering Manager please contact Rob Hulse at Intro Personnel on 01782 413307 or e-mail your current CV to email@example.com
Due to the expected high number of applicants for the Site Engineering Manager role, we regret that it may not be possible to respond to all unsuccessful candidates.
For a full list of Intro Personnel’s current vacancies, please visit the Intro Personnel website at Intropersonnel.co.uk and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.