Senior Maintenance Engineer (Days); Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire; circa £40K.
An international force within the process manufacturing sector is recruiting. This company is the global market leader in their field of expertise and manufacture a range of high performance, specialist products for a diverse and interesting range of industrial applications. The organisation is currently looking to strengthen their workforce with the recruitment of a Senior Maintenance Engineer at their manufacturing plant in the Potteries.
The role will involve the coordination and implementation of all Engineering Maintenance activities, ensuring that all schedules and service contracts are completed in a safe and timely manner in order to satisfy operational and statutory requirements. Specific areas of responsibility will include;
- Predictive and preventative maintenance activities in line with engineering plan.
- Supporting the Management of CAPEX projects
- Safe and effective coordination of engineers and contractors during all maintenance activities.
- Schedule machine time with production in order to perform repairs or planned maintenance to equipment and secure necessary materials for the scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
- Build and maintain history database on equipment, assess breakdowns, prioritise and take appropriate corrective action. Provide technical assistance to ensure shortest possible machine downtime, recording and creating manuals and drawings for early recovery.
- Organise work schedules for a team of fitters and electricians and departmental meetings with team members to discuss projects, issues, team briefings.
Applicants should have the following;
- HNC/D Engineering
- 18th edition qualification or equivalent
- Supervision experience in a maintenance department of a manufacturing company
- Knowledge of maintenance policies and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including using IT systems
- Experience of LOLER, PUWER, PSSR or DSEAR legislation would be desirable too
Due to the expected high number of applicants we are unable to respond to all applicants; therefore if you have not been contacted within 1 week of your application, regrettably it has been unsuccessful.
Please visit the Intro Personnel website to view all our current vacancies.