This role will involve planning, managing and monitoring raw material availability to ensure the optimum supply is available on time, ensuring production is not disrupted.
RAW MATERIAL CONTROLLER
FULL TIME PERMANENT
£25K - £30K DOE
- Engaging in the development of improvements in the effectiveness of Demand & Supply Planning through contribution to cross-functional working, performance improvement initiatives and the development of operational process.
- Working closely with the Technical team to manage raw material supplier approvals and performance, ensuring any issues are identified, reported and managed to minimise any financial impact.
- Manage on-site stock control to ensure the accuracy of stock levels, identifying issues relating to slow moving/obsolete, short-life, high value, long lead stock, ensuring action is taken to ensure production requirements are met at all times.
- Developing external relationships with product suppliers to monitor performance, ensuring that supply lead times are minimised and supply efficiencies are maximised.
- Placing Purchase Orders with internal and external suppliers, managing and monitoring the supplier activity including returns, cost and delivery timings.
- Maintaining and monitoring raw material stocks, taking action to remedy any shortages or over stocking issues.
- Reviewing stock reports to identify and take action to utilise slow moving stocked lines to maximise commercial potential and avoid waste.
- Identifying potential shortages of raw materials with buyers and grading team to enable product re-classification and/or additional stock to be ordered.
- Working with the Warehouse team to manage supplier inbound deliveries and transfers into and out of external storage.
- Advising Production Scheduler of any supply issues that will impact on the production schedule and the ability to fulfil production requirements.
- Manage the ordering and stock replenishment activities for raw materials, packaging and consumables
- Ensuring that rejected stock is returned in a timely manner and credit notes actioned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Applicants will have the following:
- Proven experience of working in Raw Materials planning, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders at various levels
- Good all-round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience of using Purchase order systems, M3 and stock systems
Due to our client’s location, it is advisable for interested applicants to have access to their own transport.
HOW TO APPLY
Due to the expected high number of applicants for the Raw Material Controller role, we regret that it may not be possible to respond to all unsuccessful applications.
For more information on the Raw Material Controller role, please contact Rob Hulse at Intro Personnel on 01782 413307