Quality and Health & Safety Representative; Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire; circa £28K
A leading provider of quality road transport and palletised distribution services to clients throughout the UK is looking for an experienced, intelligent and hands-on Quality and Health & Safety Representative, to co-ordinate the Company’s ISO9001:2015 Quality System and the Health & Safety aspects of their operations.
This challenging and varied role, which is integral to daily operations, will involve a variety of duties, which will include:
- The Co-ordination/Management and administration of all aspects of the Company’s established ISO 9001:2015 Quality System, including:
- Management Representative for the Quality Management System, ensuring that all aspects conform to the requirements of the ISO9001 standard.
- Management of weekly/monthly/annual reporting throughout the Business, and collation of reports following weekly Operations Meetings, quarterly Quality Liaison Meetings and annual Management Reviews.
- Completion of internal auditing in all areas of the Business, in accordance with the annual audit schedule, and the co-ordination of twice-yearly external audits.
- Management of the Company’s Corrective Action register, formal Customer Complaints, Customer Satisfaction and Non-Conformance processes. Effecting root cause analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Collation Key Performance Indicator data, identifying shortfalls and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Reviewing/amending the Quality Manual, operating procedures and standard forms to reflect current processes.
- Working with staff in all areas of the Business to ensure the ongoing achievement of excellent operational standards, continuous improvement and resulting levels of customer service.
- Co-ordination/Management of Health & Safety compliance throughout the Business, including:
- Review/update of existing Risk Assessments (including COSHH & DSEAR), and writing new risk assessments, as required. Effective implementation of control measures to mitigate risks and hazards in all departments.
- Review of Fire Risk Assessments and co-ordination of effective controls to mitigate fire risk.
- Documentation of Safe Systems of Work for new processes, and review of those for existing operations.
- Post-incident/accident investigation, including the preparation of reports and evidence collation in preparation for submission to Insurers and/or RIDDOR reporting.
- Management of the Hazard/Near Miss process and co-ordination of effective corrective / preventative action.
- Working with departmental safety representatives to ensure that all safety requirements are suitably monitored. Work with Head of HR & Compliance to effectively follow up all instances of non-conformance.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/qualifications:
- A Health & Safety Qualification: Ideally NEBOSH General Certificate, or equivalent.
- Quality Systems Management Experience; Previous Auditing Experience is desirable but is not essential as training can be provided.
- Organisational Ability and Attention to Detail: These skills are essential to ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all processes and documentation, and the setting of high standards throughout the Business.
- Communication/Teamwork Skills: Although this role will require personal initiative and the ability to work autonomously, the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) and to work closely with colleagues and clients in a professional manner is a pre-requisite.
- IT Literacy: Excellent IT skills and experience, together with typing speed and accuracy are essential for this role, as a great majority of aspects are computerised.
- A Flexible Approach: Because this Business operates 24 hours per day, there will be occasions where flexibility of working hours is required.
For a full list of our current vacancies, please visit the Intro Personnel website
Due to high numbers of applications we regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants, if you have not heard from us within a week of applying unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.