The purpose of this role is to ensure that shift production operations are achieved in a safe, efficient manner ensuring that food safety and safety standards are met in the most cost-effective way and to communicate effectively with other departments during day to day activities, highlighting potential issues and where possible resolutions.
PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER (FOOD)
FULL TIME HOURS
ROTATING SHIFTS (6AM-4PM/4PM – 2AM MON – THURS)
UP TO £35K DOE
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Ensuring that staff are adequately trained and possess sufficient skills in order to rotate staff to maintain flexibility.
- Handling RTW interviews and disciplinaries in adherence to company procedures.
- Ensuring that all trained staff are signed off by Operational Trainer and supervisor based on their key competencies for grading structure.
- Ensuring that CCP’s & QAS documentation is completed and the process is audited throughout the shift for compliance.
- Completing incident reports, documenting quantity, reason, actions taken and communication with Technical team.
- Ensuring that sample swabs are taken, tested, cleaned, checked and that documentation is completed accordingly to agreed H&S and Quality procedures.
- Providing daily/weekly KPI information to run staff meetings.
- Ensuring that GMP scores are achieved on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that 100% right first-time principles are adopted and that the site is audit ready or visitor ready every day as measured to agreed procedures.
- Supporting a continuous improvement program.
- Ensuring SOP’s and associated best practice documents are adhered to.
- Achieving plan attainment targets and have a clear understanding for loss time reporting.
- Ensuring that all customer specifications are achieved relating to product dimension, packaging, labelling and shelf life.
Interested applicants must have the following experience:
- Experience of managing a team within an FMCG/food production environment
- Understanding of CI philosophies and Cross departments Disciplines including Quality, Technical, Engineering and Warehouse
- Health, Safety, Food Hygiene & Environment Awareness Knowledge
- Qualified to Food Hygiene Level 2 and H&S CIEH
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft office – Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Due to the location of our client’s site, it is advisable for applicants to possess access to their own transport.
Due to the expected high number of applicants for the Production Shift Manager, we regret that it may not be possible to respond to all unsuccessful candidates.
For more information on the Production Shift Manager vacancy, please contact Rob Hulse at Intro Personnel on 01782 413307 or e-mail your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full list of Intro Personnel’s current vacancies, please visit the Intro Personnel website at Intropersonnel.co.uk and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.