Job Title: Buyer
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: circa £25K
A local UK-leading Engineering company is looking to appoint an ambitious and experienced Buyer to form effective relationships and negotiate great deals with their suppliers.
One of North Staffordshire's leading engineering organisations whose world-class manufacturing facilities have been recognised by a string of accreditations and awards is recruiting. The company is enjoying continued growth and expansion in multiple sectors and can offer a secure environment with great working conditions and opportunities to employees with commitment and ambition.
This role will involve;
- Procuring plant and equipment spares and replacements
- Negotiating prices with suppliers for both short and longer term agreements and contracts
- Liaising closely with internal customers to communicate plant and equipment status
- Taking an active role in developing and implementing improvements of the procurement function through a proactive approach to new technology, techniques and sources of supply
- Assisting with the management of supplier quality, cost and delivery performance in line with agreed organisational KPIs
- Soliciting competitive bids through a multiple RFQ process as required
- Working to strategic objectives aimed at reducing costs and improve operating efficiencies
Applicants should have;
- Proven Buyer / procurement experience
- Experienced in procuring materials and services in an engineering /manufacturing environment
- Contract negotiation experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- (Ideally) Knowledge of ERP and MRP operation systems
- Ability to work constructively under pressure and to tight deadlines
For details of all our current vacancies please visit the Intropersonnel website
Please note that due to high volumes of response we are unable to answer all applicants, if you have not been contacted within a week of your application, it has regrettably been unsuccessful.